Hello, Fellow Nittany Lions
• 4th Annual Golf Tournament on June 8th. To everyone who is playing don’t forget about the Mulligan/skills package for $30. Lots of great prizes. See the flyer! Good luck to all our players this weekend and thank you in advance to all our volunteers for putting together what will be another successful fundraiser.
• Join us for our 3rd annual cruise, January 2020, as we go aboard Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas. We will be cruising for 7 nights on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary and are currently holding cabins. Registration and brochures are attached below and can also be found on our website.
• Mark your calendars for the annual picnic and meeting on Sunday, June 23rd. It will be held again at the International Club in Murrells Inlet. The picnic will be from 5 PM to 8 PM. Cost is $15 just like last year. Come enjoy with the group. Food will be burgers, hot dogs and BBQ. Any member who wants to bring a dessert to share it would be greatly appreciated. RSVP to Steve Griswold at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We had a group of members gather last week at La Belle Amie Winery for an afternoon of wine and entertainment. Keep an eye out for the new social calendar for the next year of upcoming events.
• Please consider renewing your membership for the 2019-2020 year. You can use the attached invoice or pay online. We are much more than just a football viewing chapter. Our membership helps raise money to support 4 local charities and THON.
o Backpack Buddies- non-profit that provides food, with help of donation, for the hungry children of Horry County.
o Tara Hall Home- a shelter that supports troubled and abused boys.
o Toys for Tots- a campaign to help less fortunate children experience the joy of Christmas.
o Jason’s House- provides a week at the beach for cancer-stricken children and their families.
o THON- raises money for Pediatric Brain Cancer research.
Continue to register for our 4th Annual Golf Tournament! Join the Myrtle Beach Chapter on June 8th, for a fun day with fellow members, family, and friends.
Interested in helping with the event?
• Volunteers are needed the day of the tournament to help with tasks like set up, sell raffle tickets, mulligans and other games on the course. We also need people to watch over raffles and prize items during the tournament.
Is your business interested in sponsoring our golf tournament? Do you know of a business that would like to get involved? If so, contact us! Sponsorship at our event is a great way to get recognized, in addition to helping with our community initiatives.
• Friends of Penn State Sponsorship are available. $25-$50 value (gift certificate or cash donation). Names will be listed on the signage of contributors.
Have you visited our website? If not, check it out! Do you have suggestions of what you would like to see in these emails or on our website? Let us know.