Hello, Fellow Nittany Lions
• We hope everyone stayed safe during Hurricane Dorian.
• The Lions came out of the gate strong with a dominating win last weekend beating Idaho 79-7. Join us at Milardo’s to watch the night game against Buffalo. Kickoff is 7:30 PM.
• Join us for our 3rd annual cruise, January 2020, as we go aboard Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas. We will be cruising for 7 nights on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary and are currently holding cabins. Registration and brochures are attached below and can be found on our website.
• Our PSU chapter is planning an event. We are going to attend a CCU football game against Troy. It is a bye week for Penn State. The game is on November 2nd at 1 PM. The cost will be $20 per ticket. We have 18 people committed to going so far! If you are planning on attending, please let Tom Hendrickson, Paula Brown or Jacki Glazer know ASAP. We are also looking at doing a tailgate if possible.
• #RunYourRoute Campaign
o For anyone attending a home game this season please see the attachments about new traffic and parking campaign for the 2019 football season.
o The goal is to promote a safe environment for fans traveling to and from.
• Please consider renewing your membership for the 2019-2020 year. You can use the attached invoice or pay online. We are much more than just a football viewing chapter. Our membership helps raise money to support 4 local charities and THON.
o Backpack Buddies- non-profit that provides food, with help of donation, for the hungry children of Horry County.
o Tara Hall Home- a shelter that supports troubled and abused boys.
o Toys for Tots- a campaign to help less fortunate children experience the joy of Christmas.
o Jason’s House- provides a week at the beach for cancer-stricken children and their families.
o THON- raises money for Pediatric Brain Cancer research.
Have you visited our website? If not, check it out! Do you have suggestions of what you would like to see in these emails or on our website? Let us know.