- 14th ranked PSU takes on unranked Maryland at 3:30PM on 11/11. Join us at Grumpy Monk Broadway at the Beach to cheer on the Lions.
- Holiday Party Thursday December 8th at T-Bonz. 5:30PM and cost is $32.50 which includes entree, side salad, bread and desert. Coffee, Tea or Soda included as well. Prepayment required, tax and 18% gratuity included.
- Bring a small gift to swap and a non-perishable food item to donate to Low Country Food Bank(optional).
- See attached flyer for additional info.
- Sign up at watch party or email vlac…@sccoast.net your RSVP.
- Checks made payable to MB Chapter PSU
- Golf Outing scheduled for Sunday, November 13th at Hackler Golf Course. We have not had an outing since 2019, but it is our biggest fundraiser for our local charities and THON. It keeps the PENN STATE name alive in the community.
- Cruise with Myrtle Beach PSU Alumni Association friends in 2024 on the Celebrity APEX with Caribbean itinerary. 7 nights departing January 20, 2024. See flyers for more info or talk with Dale/Dennis McClelland.
- PSU Basketball is scheduled to play in Clemson for the Big 10/ ACC Challenge on November 29th.
- Penn State Basketball announced their participation in the 2022 Shriners Children’s Charleston Classic for the upcoming 2022-2023 season. The Charleston Classic is held on November 17, 18, and 20th in the TD arena in Charleston, SC.
- We will solicit interest for both at the football watch parties. Note these events are before and after Thanksgiving(11/24).
- Join Charlie Glazer on Sunday November 6th and Saturday November 26th at 7PM at the Surfside Beach Holiday Inn for some tunes. See flyer for additional info.
- The Lions handed Indiana a loss last week with a 45-14 win on the road. Moving up to 14th in the national rankings this week.
- Upcoming golf tournament to fundraiser for our local charities and THON. We need help getting prizes and hole sponsors, a flier for the event, arranging and creating hole sponsor signs. Day of help for raffles, registration, etc. Most importantly we need 64 golfers to participate in the outing! See Rick Stirone or Dave McClellan at the next watch party.
- Starting in July, Association membership at the local and University level will be combined. This is a significant change that will make it easier for alumni to connect with the Penn State community when and where they want.
- It also means that, moving forward, Alumni Association members will no longer pay separate dues to their local chapter—instead, access to our local chapter, as well as all other chartered affiliate groups, will be included as a core benefit with your Penn State Alumni Association membership.
- I encourage you to visit alumni.psu.edu/fullaccess for FAQs and to learn more about how bringing together chapter and Alumni Association membership will benefit the Penn State family. Feel free to contact our chapter leadership if you have additional questions.