- Annual Membership Discount
- Annual membership half price form Alumni Association. “Membership Madness” event
- End April 5th
- 12 month is just $25 with 50% discount for standard individual rate. Add another year to your current membership
- Find the offer online at http://alumni.PSU.edu/mm23
- Invite to Low Country Chapter Annual Brunch on 4/30/2023.
- Guest speaker Steve Jones, the play by play voice for PSU football and men’s basketball.
- 11:30-2PM at Hampton Hall Club, Bluffton, SC
- Go to https://contra.cc/3H3He5g
- Cruise with Myrtle Beach PSU Alumni Association friends in 2024 on the Celebrity APEX with Caribbean itinerary. 7 nights departing January 20, 2024. See flyers for more info or talk with Dale/Dennis McClelland.
- Penn State wins the Rose Bowl Game 35-21. Great finish to the season!
- PSU wrapped up the regular season with a win against Michigan St. 35-16. PSU falls in at #11 in the rankings and will take on #8 Utah in the Rose Bowl.
- A special thank you to Rick Stirone for his leadership the past two years. Due to personal and family reasons Rick is stepping down as President and Mike Martocci will be filling his seat. Rick went above and beyond to keep the club motivated and active while COVID shut down our normal gatherings and fund raising efforts. We can’t thank him enough for his service and send best wishes to Rick and family.
- We had over 50 golfers on Sunday, November 13th participate in the golf outing to raise funds for local charities and THON. We were able to raise over $1,900 to help of charity efforts in the Grand Strand. Thanks to all who organized, volunteered, donated and participated in the outing. It was a beautiful sunny but cooler day for golf. We will be sharing a list of businesses that donated and ask you please patronize them when possible as their support is instrumental in our fundraising success. Looking forward to an even bigger turnout next year!
- Website updates coming! We understand that people still rely on the website over social media so we are trying to improve the site to keep it current. Any recommendations on improvements please reply back to this email.
- Starting in July, Association membership at the local and University level will be combined. This is a significant change that will make it easier for alumni to connect with the Penn State community when and where they want.
- It also means that, moving forward, Alumni Association members will no longer pay separate dues to their local chapter—instead, access to our local chapter, as well as all other chartered affiliate groups, will be included as a core benefit with your Penn State Alumni Association membership.
- I encourage you to visit alumni.psu.edu/fullaccess for FAQs and to learn more about how bringing together chapter and Alumni Association membership will benefit the Penn State family. Feel free to contact our chapter leadership if you have additional questions.